Friday, July 28, 2017

Epic Cosplay Costumes by Kristie "Karmada" Good

[Cover]

Because I am going to be teaching teens about cosplay at the Teen Lock-In at the Central branch tonight, I am in a cosplay kind of mood! Epic Cosplay Costumes is a book that I have found very helpful for a beginning cosplayer. There are explanations of tools, fabrics, and techniques - lots of tips that I had to learn on my own, and more that I hadn't learned yet! - and then several simple patterns with great, detailed explanations, for items that show up often in cosplay, like pleated and circle skirts, a tunic, cape, and bows. It even explains "frankenpatterns," which is when you need to splice together multiple patterns to make exactly the piece you're aiming for, which has happened to me with a lot of cosplays.

If you enjoy this book and want to move on to the next step of putting armor over your sewn pieces, check out The Costume Making Guide: Creating Armor and Props for Cosplay.

No comments: