Friday, March 24, 2017

One Pan and Done by Molly Gilbert

I’m sure many people would agree with me when I say that cleaning up is the worst part of cooking. Because of that, I was excited to see a new book that came into the library. One Pan and Done makes the after-meal clean up simple without compromising great flavor. 

There are sections for breakfast foods, appetizers, vegetable dishes, poultry, fish, meats, and sweets. The one pan could be any common dish, from a cast iron skillet to a 9 x 13 pan or a Dutch oven. Many of the recipes still require a mixing bowl or two, but I am happy to say that everything I tried out of this book had minimal mess and easy clean up.

With over 100 recipes, I didn’t get a chance to try very much of what this book has to offer, but what I did try was great. I recommend the artichoke gratin, bacon biscuit bread, and ultimate oven mac & cheese. The baked eggplant parmesan is great, too, if you like paprika, but I’ll be cutting that ingredient back when I make it again.

For more low-mess recipes from the same author, try Sheet Pan Suppers.

Or branch out with:

No comments: