Wednesday, December 17, 2014

What Does My Teddy Bear Do All Day?

by Bruno Hachler and Birte Muller



When you were a child were you ever curious about what your stuffed animals did when you were not around?  There is a little girl in What Does My Teddy Bear Do All Day? by Bruno Hachler and Birte Muller who wonders: 


 “My teddy bear seems really sweet,
but maybe I’ve been fooled.
I wonder what he does all day
when I am off at school.”
 
So begins the sweet story of a little girl’s quest to find out how her beloved teddy bear spends his days without her.  She decides to stay home from school and catch him in action. Despite all her efforts at spying, he never moves.  Then she has the clever idea to trap him with a yummy jar of honey! 

This delightful book is beautifully illustrated and will be enjoyed by any preschooler.  There is a fun repeating phrase they will enjoy saying, which will enhance their reading experience.  The final illustration will require the use of some detective skills!  Try this book at home, it will be sure to become a favorite.

If your child likes this book, I suggest Rosie’s Walk, by Pat Hutchins.  It too uses clues in the illustrations so your child can guess what happens next.







No comments: