Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish by Neil Gaiman

The day I swapped my dad for two goldfish

Writer Neil Gaiman and illustrator Dave McKean have teamed up on several works, and every time, they create something amazing. This picture book, The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish, is one fine example.

In it, a young boy trades his dad - who just sits around reading the paper, so boring - to a friend in exchange for his two goldfish. When his mother finds out, he has to trade back... but his friend has made another exchange, and that friend made another exchange... the boy has to run all over town un-exchanging people's possessions to get his dad back.

If you enjoy this book, you might want to look into some of Neil Gaiman's other children's books, including Crazy Hair, The Wolves in the Walls, and Fortunately the Milk.

No comments: