Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Sonoma Diet: Trimmer Waist, Better Health in Just 10 Days! by Connie Guttersen


If you’re anything like me you have tried a dozen different diets trying to jump-start your weight loss goals. Most of the diet cookbooks I tried were full of tiny portions of bland food that left me still feeling hungry or huge portions of plain, raw vegetables that I just wasn’t used to and couldn’t make myself finish without breaking out the ranch dip. So when my mom told me to look at the Sonoma Diet I was more than a little skeptical of cracking open yet another book full of food I really didn’t want. Boy, was I wrong!

The Sonoma Diet is full of delicious Mediterranean style meal plans and menus to get you on the right track towards a healthy lifestyle. The food is fresh and flavorful and the meals are easy to put together. Some of the ingredients were foreign to me, but it gave me a chance to expand my palette and find new flavors that I now love to use! However, the recipes are just a small part of what makes this book so amazing. The Sonoma Diet gives you information to make healthy eating a part of your life without having to follow their menus. The book contains plate and bowl guidelines to help you understand portion sizes, their “top 10 Sonoma Diet Power Foods” and smart food combinations to help make healthy food even more effective, and discusses the science behind the diet and what makes it so effective.

I love The Sonoma Diet! I have gone back to the original meal plans time and time again and their chicken salad has become a favorite in my house. The food is delicious and filling and I really learned a lot about how to effectively change my eating habits into healthier ones.

If you love The Sonoma Diet try more of their delicious recipes with The Sonoma Diet Cookbook or if you’re looking for healthy, filling recipes with a home-style flavor, try Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook. These and other great diet books (and cookbooks) are available through the Virginia Beach Public Library.

No comments: