Monday, February 03, 2014

Game of Thrones Seasons 1 and 2




Top 10 Things I don’t like in TV shows:
1. Kings
2. Queens
 3. Dragons
4. Disembowelment/Beheadings
 5. Gratuitous sex scenes  
6. Superfluous full frontal nudity  
7. Complicated plots I need diagrams to follow
 8. Giant wolves
 9. Things that may or may not be undead
 10. Magic
Elements Present in Every Episode of Game of Thrones:
1. Kings
 2. Queens
 3. Dragons
4. Disembowelment/Beheadings
5. Gratuitous sex scenes 
6. Superfluous full frontal nudity
7. Complicated plots I need diagrams to follow
 8. Giant wolves
9. Things that may or may not be undead
10. Magic



I really shouldn’t like this show. But I really do. From Episode 1 you will be hooked. And not in the “Oh poor Frodo, will he and Sam ever make it to the tower?” way, more in a “Did I really just see that?!?” kind of way. HBO’s Game of Thrones series is like Days of Our Lives, The Evil Dead, Robin Hood, and Boogie Nights all got together and had a baby. If you put Season 1 on hold, do yourself a favor and put Seasons 2 and 3 on hold at the same time. Each set is ten hours long, but once you start, you won’t be able to stop. 

If you get a little antsy while waiting, read the Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin. Then you can laud the fact that you know what happens in Season 4 over your friends. Or check out Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn Series or Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series. These titles are all available from VBPL.

3 comments:

donna said...

I love this review!! It literally made me LOL!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about Game of Thrones. I should hate it based on my preferences but I am addicted!

Anonymous said...

I am compelled to start the books as I am dying to know what happens next...though I hear he is a slow writer :/