Friday, December 06, 2013

Let it Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle.

Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle

When I was in high school, one of my favorite things do in the summer was to ride my bike to the library and check out a stack of Christmas romance novellas (generally published in collections of three).  I would go home and read them one by one, hoping the images of snow and ice would help me forget the heat of my non-air-conditioned bedroom.

Had it been published back then, I would have absolutely loved Let It Snow. This collection by three popular YA authors includes three inter-related novellas, all taking place in the same small town. Maureen Johnson starts off the collection with the story of a teenage girl, separated from her "perfect" boyfriend on Christmas Eve and heading to her grandparents' house by train. When the train is stalled by a blizzard, three different love stories are set into motion.

The perfect read for the holiday season, Let It Snow is light, funny, and romantic -- I can imagine reading it curled up in front of the fire with a cup of hot chocolate.  This is a pretty clean teen read, great for middle school readers and up.

Fans of any of these three authors should definitely check out this collection.  And if you need more Christmas romance? Check out Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan and Debbie Macombers Angels collections (my favorites back in those high school days).


No comments: