Monday, December 03, 2012

We Make Dolls! Edited by Jenny Doh


We Make Dolls! Is a wonderful tool for any novice sewer or crafter looking to expand their expertise to include doll making.

I picked up this book because I wanted to make a handmade doll for my daughter and found it inspirational, easy to use, modern and fun.  The book covers 10 artists with descriptions of their creative processes, links to their webpages and images of their delightful dolls. Each artist has a very different style, leaving something for everyone. On any given page a doll was equally likely to scare me as it was to enchantment me with its cuteness!

In addition to the information on doll artists the book includes 18 patterns, a section on how to get started and doll making tools and a glossary of terms for those of us who may not know what items like T-cotter pins are.

I have found that it is challenging to find doll patterns that don’t feel dated or dowdy and am excited to recommend We Make Dolls! to anyone looking to make this traditional hand-craft hip. If you enjoy this informational doll making book and are looking for even more inspiration check out Wee Wonderfuls : 24 Dolls to Sew and Love by Hillary Lang ay VBPL today.

(I am proud to say that I have completed 3 dolls since first discovering this book!)

No comments: