Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Why My Third Husband will be a Dog by Lisa Scottoline

Why My Third Husband will be a Dog is a humorously entertaining collection of stories that were originally published in Scottoline's weekly column that appears in the Philadelphia Inquirer. Scottoline is a New York Times bestselling author of legal mysteries. In this book she takes a woman's point of view to comment on a wide range of topics, such as, finding jeans to fit, building a chicken coop, the importance of celebrating all Hallmark occasions, and my personal favorite -- interrupting is a necessary and beneficial means of communication.

I found this compilation of short vignettes particularly pleasurable because it made for quick and easy reading. All that was required of me was to sit back, relax, and enjoy myself while Scottoline spun one amusing anecdote after another. Her stories are personal. Family is not off limits. Daughter, mother, ex-husbands, as well as her animals all appear, willing or maybe not, within the pages of her book. She has a real knack for making the familiar and mundane funny and at times totally outrageous. Definitely a delightful reading experience.

Why My Third Husband will be a Dog by Lisa Scottoline can be found on the VBPL catalog. If you haven't read Erma Bombeck, you may want to try one or all of her books which are known for their good, clean humor. Also try I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron -- lots of funny stories in this one, too.

No comments: