Friday, January 29, 2010

Baby Beanies by Amanda Keeys

For my last post of the week, I thought I'd follow Katie's example and review a new(ish) knitting book.

One of my friends recently adopted a baby boy, and I thought I'd knit a cute little hat as a baby gift. I did a bit of searching online, but most of the patterns I found were a bit boring. So, I put holds on every baby knitting book I could find.

As soon as Baby Beanies came in, I was absolutely hooked. Keeys has created 30 little hat patterns, each one in sizes from newborn to two years. Each pattern is more adorable than the last (the photographs of the babies wearing the hats definitely add to the cuteness), and I had the hardest time choosing just one to knit.

These hat patterns are easy enough for beginning knitters who are ready to move beyond scarves, but they also make a wonderful quick project for more experienced knitters.  The pattern I chose, an adorable stocking cap, was simply written and very easy to follow, and I will definitely be making more hats from Baby Beanies in the future. 

You can find Baby Beanies and other titles on knitting for babies in the Virginia Beach Public Libraries.

No comments: